Because every professional needs goals, here are my writing goals for 2021:
These Cursed Waters
- Submit to at least 30 Agents by 31st December*
The Selkie Curse
- A submission-ready draft by 31st May
- Including: Manuscript, Query Letter, Synopsis
- A revised synopsis for book 2 by 30th June
Bleed For Me
- Do outline review by 31st January
- First draft done by 30th September
- Start the structural edit in December
- Untitled new series #1 book 1 outline by 31st March
- Untitled new series #2 book 1 outline by 30th November
In 2021, I’ll be taking a step back from writing short stories. I will continue to submit what I have, but I have so many ideas for novels that I want to start putting them down.
What are your goals for 2021? How do you plan to achieve them?
*Edited 3/01/2021: Was originally 5 submissions but that was too easy. I’ve changed it to be 5 every 2 months.